We are excited to see this project come to life! The Old Clayton Town Hall building was built in 1925 and was once the "heart of the town." It housed municipal offices, the library, courthouse, fire department, police department, and a small jail. The building was heavily utilized throughout most of the remaining twentieth century, but has been vacant for a number of years following the relocation of the municipal offices.
The town has since sold the building and we are currently converting it into sixteen, one-bedroom apartments. The previous dropped ceilings have been removed—we were excited to see that some of the original trim is intact! Construction drawings are in progress and the project will be underway soon.